I am a freelancer in the publishing industry, so words are very important to me. I'm a leftist living in a world gone mad, so politics are very important to me. I'm an environmentalist living in a degrading world, so pick up your damn trash, get rid of your gas guzzlers, and don't touch ANWR, you self-absorbed capitalists!

Do leave comments: let's make this a conversation. If you prefer, you can contact me at friuduric at yahoo dot com.

18 January 2007

Why I Like Snow

This is the last of the Secret Pal questionnaire things for my group. I don't know why I keep entering these things (contests) because I never win. The Publisher's Clearance House sweepstakes in 1999? A bust. The $360 million Powerball jackpot with which I was going to buy a French chateau and escape a second Bush & Co. term in November 2004? Some group of waitresses won. (Or something; the point was, they weren't me.) But, hope springs eternal (she says in her elitist way).

So, some of the reasons I like snow:

  • It makes the world around you seem magical.
  • It muffles everything, and, if you're lucky, you get to experience *hushhhhhhh*.
  • It covers the leaf mulch pile, the sleeping garden, and other garden messes.
  • It uncovers the pathways of the animals in your world: The birds under the birdfeeder, the cat's path along his territory, the squirrel's nut meanders.
  • But most of all, it *sparkles*.