I am a freelancer in the publishing industry, so words are very important to me. I'm a leftist living in a world gone mad, so politics are very important to me. I'm an environmentalist living in a degrading world, so pick up your damn trash, get rid of your gas guzzlers, and don't touch ANWR, you self-absorbed capitalists!

Do leave comments: let's make this a conversation. If you prefer, you can contact me at friuduric at yahoo dot com.

27 August 2006

Sunday Evening Epiphany

So here it is Sunday evening. The girls are out, the Consort is out, I'm here web surfing and streaming Radio Paradise. For the past 5 minutes, they've been playing "I Want You (She's So Heavy)" by the Beatles.

Can I just say?

If I were the parent of a teenager in 1969, and my teenager had just spent good money on Abbey Road and was blasting this song from their stereo? After about 5 minutes I'd probably be saying:

"What the heck did you waste your money on this album for? Seven minutes of the same two lines, the same guitar riff?! (Not that I'd know it was called a riff, being a parent in 1969, but hey, give me some slack.) Turn that crap off. Now.

I said NOW, young lady!

You turn it off, or--so help me God--I will come in there and cut the damn cord!"

I'm just sayin'. There are some very good songs on that album. But this one? It ain't one of 'em. Eh-- excuse me--

"...Alright missy, you asked for it! I'm coming in! And you can just kiss that new velvet jacket I promised to buy you goodbye, too!"