I am a freelancer in the publishing industry, so words are very important to me. I'm a leftist living in a world gone mad, so politics are very important to me. I'm an environmentalist living in a degrading world, so pick up your damn trash, get rid of your gas guzzlers, and don't touch ANWR, you self-absorbed capitalists!

Do leave comments: let's make this a conversation. If you prefer, you can contact me at friuduric at yahoo dot com.

15 August 2006

Child Worker Laws in Iowa

The beauty of it is, there are none! So we can have our children do this:

And tell them they have to smile while they are doing it:

I am busy doing work, with more surprises added in for extra stress-ness. This afternoon, I am going for a vision check-up. They will give me those stinging fuzzy-drops, and then expect me to drive home without crashing into anything. I haven't replied ot people's comments, so I will just do it here: Secret Pal, I wish I could do the Colbert thing, but, seeing as we don't even get Basic Basic cable anymore, I don't get how to do it. I have never seent he Colbert Report, although from what I hear it is better than I thought it would be considering Colbert's "persona" on the Daily Show (which I loved and watched nightly, until we got rid of Basic cable 3 years ago). KW, I figure my duty is done when I name 5 people to do the meme. If you don't play along, no problem. (You're one of those people who broke chain letters, too, aren't you! [Psst, I was, too.]) e, I'll be looking forward to seeing your take on the meme. KathyR, thanks for playing, I've been so busy I haven't been able to tell you so on your site.

I've got tomorrow's post planned out. Let's see if I can get it together to post it!