I am a freelancer in the publishing industry, so words are very important to me. I'm a leftist living in a world gone mad, so politics are very important to me. I'm an environmentalist living in a degrading world, so pick up your damn trash, get rid of your gas guzzlers, and don't touch ANWR, you self-absorbed capitalists!

Do leave comments: let's make this a conversation. If you prefer, you can contact me at friuduric at yahoo dot com.

31 August 2006

Carrot Top

We generally haven't had much luck growing carrots. But this year, the Consort took care to thin them out rigorously, and look at this! The carrot itself was thicker around than a broomstick, and the Consort was bringing it to work for lunchtime. I suggested we keep the glorious greens for Impera to feed to her rabbit tonight; in order to keep the greens fresh, we put them in a vase. Yes this is a regular-sized vase, it is on my kitchen counter, and it is all from one carrot.
Wowza!