I am a freelancer in the publishing industry, so words are very important to me. I'm a leftist living in a world gone mad, so politics are very important to me. I'm an environmentalist living in a degrading world, so pick up your damn trash, get rid of your gas guzzlers, and don't touch ANWR, you self-absorbed capitalists!

Do leave comments: let's make this a conversation. If you prefer, you can contact me at friuduric at yahoo dot com.

24 May 2006

Dining Room, Before and After

This is what it looked like before:


Now, some shots of the new, Aztec Brick walls. I don't know if the color will come through true on the web. But we all in the realm love it!

What is that pumpkin doing there? Yes, I've got to bring it down to the basement, but right now it's hiding my stash of chokotoff candies, so it ain't goin' nowhere.


I still plan to paint the inside of the built-in, but I don't know what color to use. White seems so ... trite. (And yes, the dining room is already stacking up with papers and such. No neatness allowed here!)


I just love how the color pops out our dark cherry-stained dining room set. (If I do say so myself.)


There are a few more photos on my flickr site. Good thing I took these shots this weekend, because now the dining room is filled with kitchen cabinetry.

The living room will have to wait, because there's still some trim work I have to do, and you can't see it before it's done. But the Consort finished the back porch railing yesterday, so I'll be posting those maybe tomorrow.