I am a freelancer in the publishing industry, so words are very important to me. I'm a leftist living in a world gone mad, so politics are very important to me. I'm an environmentalist living in a degrading world, so pick up your damn trash, get rid of your gas guzzlers, and don't touch ANWR, you self-absorbed capitalists!

Do leave comments: let's make this a conversation. If you prefer, you can contact me at friuduric at yahoo dot com.

06 October 2006

I Am a Groupie!

Impera's been taking fiddle lessons since June. She loves fiddle-playing. (More than orchestra class and classic violin playing.) Two of her friends also take lessons with the same teacher; one plays mandolin, the other plays banjo. They've been jamming together from time to time, and yesterday they had their first gig (and they were paid for it!): They were the entertainment at a local school's harvest festival.
Old-time music

I also videotaped them using my itty-bitty digital camera. The video came out tiny, so you'll have to use your imagination. I've uploaded it as a Quicktime video right here. (It may take a minute or so to load, depending on your connection.)