I am a freelancer in the publishing industry, so words are very important to me. I'm a leftist living in a world gone mad, so politics are very important to me. I'm an environmentalist living in a degrading world, so pick up your damn trash, get rid of your gas guzzlers, and don't touch ANWR, you self-absorbed capitalists!

Do leave comments: let's make this a conversation. If you prefer, you can contact me at friuduric at yahoo dot com.

09 February 2007

I Didn't Want Randomness, But...

I want to write a book review. But I've made it such a big deal in my mind, I can't get it right. Aaargh! So I've decided to get a few random things out for you that I've been holding on to for a bit.

  • If you pay taxes in the U.S., then you'll want to know about the one-time federal excise tax credit that rebates tax overpayment on phone bills. You can claim it only this year. You can either get the lump-sum rbate, or, if you're willing to go through your phone bills and send along a copy of all of them, you can get an exact repayment. (Is it worth billable time to do this? Hmm.)

  • The Phrontistery looks like a place I could waste hours upon hours of my time. (Maybe I should be a zetetic instead of going through old phone bills. Hmmmm.)

  • You can hear NPR Live concerts in the privacy of your own home. Any time you like. (Three of Four: they have OK Go!)

  • Some of the puppets at Folkmanis make me wish I had a puppet theater!

  • This one I just found this morning: Midwives in the UK are using knitted breasts to help in their breast-feeding demostrations for new mothers

    And if that selection isn't random, I don't know what is.