I am a freelancer in the publishing industry, so words are very important to me. I'm a leftist living in a world gone mad, so politics are very important to me. I'm an environmentalist living in a degrading world, so pick up your damn trash, get rid of your gas guzzlers, and don't touch ANWR, you self-absorbed capitalists!

Do leave comments: let's make this a conversation. If you prefer, you can contact me at friuduric at yahoo dot com.

27 February 2007

Do You Wonder Why There Have Been More Food Safety Issues Recently?

Oh, I don't know ... maybe because:

  • Cuts to the Food and Drug Administration have reduced food safety inspections by 47% since 2003.
  • Food safety tests have dropped nearly 75% since 2003.


    Oh, and -- by the way? The FDA's budget isn't set to get any additional money until 2008, and even then experts fear it's only a fraction of what they need.

    Tax cuts. And poor administration. These are the things that make me ANGRY.