I am a freelancer in the publishing industry, so words are very important to me. I'm a leftist living in a world gone mad, so politics are very important to me. I'm an environmentalist living in a degrading world, so pick up your damn trash, get rid of your gas guzzlers, and don't touch ANWR, you self-absorbed capitalists!

Do leave comments: let's make this a conversation. If you prefer, you can contact me at friuduric at yahoo dot com.

07 July 2007

Music Soothes The Savage Beast

Packing is kicking into high gear here, and I can feel the stress mounting.

So, I have an offer for you, my faithful readers. I need something to look forward to. I need something to be able to do during my packing "breaks" (which will be too few and far between, I already know).

Who would like to exchange music mixes with me? I don't like to brag (well, yes I do), but I'm a pretty kick-ass mixmaster, I've been told.

Here's an idea I've had for a while: I trade music mixes with folks who I "know" in the blog sense (that is, if you've commented here, if I've commented on your site, etc.) Any genre is fair game: classic (of all flavors), folk, electronica, rock, blues, ... WHATEVER.

To make it fun, how about each interested reader picks a theme (for each individual, not all of us together). It can be as complicated as you like ("Sunrise on Betelgeuse") or as simple as you please ("Summer Mix"). Then you and I make a mix for each other following that theme (and "follow" in the loosest sense of the word, of course; I don't want to CREATE stress, I hope to ALLEVIATE stress).

Let's pick a length. I propose 45 minutes - 1 hour (my mixes tend to go long, so I'd be happy to extend the length [or shorten it], let's discuss it in the comments).

If we've exchanged mixes in the past, you're still eligible. If you don't think you have any cool music, you're still eligible. If you live in another country, you're still eligible.

Tell me what you think in the comments. E-mail me with your address, and I'll reply with my (new) NH address. I may not get to all of them before I leave, but how about we plan to have the mixes sent out by the end of July?

Who's in?