I am a freelancer in the publishing industry, so words are very important to me. I'm a leftist living in a world gone mad, so politics are very important to me. I'm an environmentalist living in a degrading world, so pick up your damn trash, get rid of your gas guzzlers, and don't touch ANWR, you self-absorbed capitalists!

Do leave comments: let's make this a conversation. If you prefer, you can contact me at friuduric at yahoo dot com.

25 March 2007

The Butterflies Say: Mhuway su' balay!*

Highway shut for butterfly travel

The migration is only one of two mass butterfly movements worldwide...
Taiwan is to close one lane of a major highway to protect more than a million butterflies, which cross the road on their seasonal migration.

...Taiwanese officials conceded that the decision to close one lane of the road would cause some traffic congestion, but said it was a price worth paying.

"Human beings need to coexist with the other species, even if they are tiny butterflies," Lee Thay-ming, of the National Freeway Bureau, told the AFP news agency.


Three of Four, this one's for you. Your comments** in my post the other day bummed me out, only because I agree with you. It's not happening here, but at least someone in the world is looking at the big picture!

*"Thank you!"
**I don't know how to link to the comments, so go to the post, and then click on the comments link.