I am a freelancer in the publishing industry, so words are very important to me. I'm a leftist living in a world gone mad, so politics are very important to me. I'm an environmentalist living in a degrading world, so pick up your damn trash, get rid of your gas guzzlers, and don't touch ANWR, you self-absorbed capitalists!

Do leave comments: let's make this a conversation. If you prefer, you can contact me at friuduric at yahoo dot com.

22 March 2006

Word Wednesday: Brought to you by the Letters I, N, and T

When I told Cecil that I had a blog, and I did a themed Wednesday post every week, he said "You have got to blog about this!" So, this being Spring Break and all (i.e. a lazy week), I bring you Cecil's "this":

dint
mint
hint
lint
tint
pint

....pint? Pint?

What's up with that?

Follow-up: It seems that now verbing nouns is out, and adjectiving them is in:

"Everybody knew that this program was very impactful for kids, that it was a great supplement to what teachers were doing." Entire article here.