I am a freelancer in the publishing industry, so words are very important to me. I'm a leftist living in a world gone mad, so politics are very important to me. I'm an environmentalist living in a degrading world, so pick up your damn trash, get rid of your gas guzzlers, and don't touch ANWR, you self-absorbed capitalists!

Do leave comments: let's make this a conversation. If you prefer, you can contact me at friuduric at yahoo dot com.

15 January 2006

As I expected, most of my plans of things "to do" yesterday were waylaid by a busy sort of laziness (although the feeling is fleeting and I already regret not having done more). BUT, I did go for a long walk in the sunshine (it was too hot though -- 49 degrees in January? not good. And it will be even worse today they say: 54 degrees. I really need some cold and snow, people).

I ended the walk by going to The Best Place Ever (their name, not mine -- although I agree completely) and renting "The Constant Gardener." Anyone who has a hard time imagining what things are like for people in Africa, and particularly anyone who does not have a clear picture of what the atrocities in Darfur are like (i.e., most of us coddled non-Africans), really should see this movie. Only a brief part happens in Sudan, but during that short time there is a Janjaweed attack on a poor village. Trust me, the images will stay with you. As they should.