I am a freelancer in the publishing industry, so words are very important to me. I'm a leftist living in a world gone mad, so politics are very important to me. I'm an environmentalist living in a degrading world, so pick up your damn trash, get rid of your gas guzzlers, and don't touch ANWR, you self-absorbed capitalists!

Do leave comments: let's make this a conversation. If you prefer, you can contact me at friuduric at yahoo dot com.

14 June 2007

Consumer Yearnings

Sometimes I become obsessed with the most cockamamie products.

For example, who doesn't need a soymilk maker:


Ooooh! Shiny! But, it also makes almond milk -- for medieval cookery recipes, of course (which I make, what?, once a year at most?). And porridge. I've always liked the sound of the word, "porridge".

There's also the whole massage table desire. If we had one, I'm sure I could teach the girls to give massages, and then we can trade giving a massage for getting a massage (the girls love massages!).


Ahhhhhh, massaaaaaaaaaahge.

And what better time to purchase useless items like this than just before we go spend a year in a tiny (yet centrally located) rental, halfway across the known world?