I am a freelancer in the publishing industry, so words are very important to me. I'm a leftist living in a world gone mad, so politics are very important to me. I'm an environmentalist living in a degrading world, so pick up your damn trash, get rid of your gas guzzlers, and don't touch ANWR, you self-absorbed capitalists!

Do leave comments: let's make this a conversation. If you prefer, you can contact me at friuduric at yahoo dot com.

23 February 2006

They Kill You By Teeny Tiny Cuts, Day After Day

Last night, we're watching what passes for Olympic coverage on NBC.

Elder daughter (Impera): Hey, look, that skier is the same height as you, Mommy: five-foot eight!

Me:!!! Oof! You sure know how to hurt a woman!

Younger daughter (Trixie): What? Is Mommy taller than that?

Impera: She just *wants* to be tall.

Background: It is a well-known tale in the realm that when the Consort and I were going out, I mentioned that I was 5'10". Because I was. He snorted and replied, "You can't be 5'10". My sister is 5'10" [implication: and you, Imperatrix, are nowhere near as tall as her!]." Ok. So maybe I shrank. To 5'9". But never have I been near the 8-inch mark. Never!

That's all I have for you right now, readers. I have a Battle of the Books meeting to run in a couple of hours, I'm getting hypnotized (!) after lunch, I've got band practice and fencing to drive to and from, plus I have to actually get some work done in between.