I am a freelancer in the publishing industry, so words are very important to me. I'm a leftist living in a world gone mad, so politics are very important to me. I'm an environmentalist living in a degrading world, so pick up your damn trash, get rid of your gas guzzlers, and don't touch ANWR, you self-absorbed capitalists!

Do leave comments: let's make this a conversation. If you prefer, you can contact me at friuduric at yahoo dot com.

19 February 2006

Musique du Jour

If I had a time machine, then I'd make it so that in my teen years I’d be less of a book nerd and I’d:

  • Learn to play the Spanish guitar so I could jam with Ojos de Brujo (like on Memorias Perdias [scroll down]) .

  • Then I’d switch over to the electric guitar so I could jump onstage for Chop Suey! when I went to a System of a Down concert.

  • And I’d be able to visit with Audioslave and help not remind them of anything [scroll down to track 4].

  • But mostly, I would become a world-class ice skater and win Olympic gold in the pairs competition, choreographing our long program to The Crystal Method. Something from their Vegas album: Trip Like I Do or Keep Hope Alive [yeah, I'm not very creative, they're what everybody likes on that album]. But the boys would have to tighten it up to the 4.5 minute mark. But we’d be buds, so they’d be happy to help out.

    Can you guess what I did yesterday? I finally used my Christmas stocking iTunes cash. I’m still pondering getting a music podcast up — but it isn’t on the front burner. So, enjoy 30-sec snippets of the random stuff I bought. (But I bought the entire Vegas album. Oh, yes I did!).

    In writing this post I discovered calabashmusic.com. I will definitely be checking it out. And one day I will give Last.fm a spin. So much music!