I am a freelancer in the publishing industry, so words are very important to me. I'm a leftist living in a world gone mad, so politics are very important to me. I'm an environmentalist living in a degrading world, so pick up your damn trash, get rid of your gas guzzlers, and don't touch ANWR, you self-absorbed capitalists!

Do leave comments: let's make this a conversation. If you prefer, you can contact me at friuduric at yahoo dot com.

03 December 2007

Snowday!

We had a snowday today. I can't believe it -- I thought New England was tougher than this. Everybody was up by 6:30, and I checked the website. Yep, no school today.



(Funny how if there's school, Trixie lays abed until 7 on the dot. If it's a snowday, however, she's jumping around at 6:32 a.m.)



The first real snow of the season is always fun. You take the time to go outside, play in the snow, and plan a snowball fight (even if the snow it too dry for proper packing -- heck, you can always just stuff handfuls of snow in your sister's hair, after all!)

It has snowed on and off throughout the day, and even at 2:30, big fluffy flakes were covering everything, turning mundane corners into something magical.