I am a freelancer in the publishing industry, so words are very important to me. I'm a leftist living in a world gone mad, so politics are very important to me. I'm an environmentalist living in a degrading world, so pick up your damn trash, get rid of your gas guzzlers, and don't touch ANWR, you self-absorbed capitalists!

Do leave comments: let's make this a conversation. If you prefer, you can contact me at friuduric at yahoo dot com.

28 November 2007

City Swap Goodies


City swap goodies
Originally uploaded by friuduric.

I participated in a bloggers' City Swap this month, and last night I received my package. What a treat! It seems that the home of my swapper, Kate, is also the home of a very cool organic farm, Mt. Olive Organic Farm. From the brochure she included, it looks like I'd be in heaven if we lived nearby: olives, sprouts, vegetables, teas, fruits, nuts, free-range chickens and eggs, and what looks like the largest worm bin in the world!

Her package included several items from the farm: mint tea (perfect for an evening cuppa), olive oil with balsamic vinegar and roasted garlic (I'll be making some bread we can dip in this, just like at the girls' favorite restaurant), and plum jam. I got up early this morning to make some biscuits, to celebrate this tasty package. Thank you Kate! And thanks to Shelley of At Home In Rome for organizing this great exchange!