I am a freelancer in the publishing industry, so words are very important to me. I'm a leftist living in a world gone mad, so politics are very important to me. I'm an environmentalist living in a degrading world, so pick up your damn trash, get rid of your gas guzzlers, and don't touch ANWR, you self-absorbed capitalists!

Do leave comments: let's make this a conversation. If you prefer, you can contact me at friuduric at yahoo dot com.

26 January 2006

Not a Perk of Home Offices

... Is when the city decides this morning would be a good time to do a little sewer work on my street, meaning that the smell of rotten eggs is permeating my house (via any open drains [i.e., all of them] and cracks through the windows).

I can't even "open a window" to get some fresh air, because it is even worse out there!

On a different note, I find it interesting that when I specifically ask for comments, I only get one (see yesterday's Word Wednesday), yet when I say I am oh so busy, folks want recipes.

"Woe is me, I am SOOOOOO busy -- I sure hope no one responds to my Word Wednesday query about 'Little pitchers have big ears'!"