I am a freelancer in the publishing industry, so words are very important to me. I'm a leftist living in a world gone mad, so politics are very important to me. I'm an environmentalist living in a degrading world, so pick up your damn trash, get rid of your gas guzzlers, and don't touch ANWR, you self-absorbed capitalists!

Do leave comments: let's make this a conversation. If you prefer, you can contact me at friuduric at yahoo dot com.

12 February 2008

When Wishes and Desires Clash

The girls were told (by a kid source) this weekend that school cannot run past June 23. Currently, the last day of school, after all the snow days we've had (including two last week, remember) is June 20. So the word on kid street is that they should all pray for as many more snow days as possible.

Here's the current forecast:



Here's the rub:

The eighth graders have a three-day Renaissance Festival, complete with feasting, fun activities, and off-campus learning experiences, scheduled for Wednesday through Friday. Wednesday being tomorrow.

To pray or not to pray? That, my friends, is the question.